Real World Practice
Unlike traditional gun ranges, that limit you to shooting stationary targets, from a stationary position... not to mention prohibiting rapid fire, drawing from your holster, and shooting from any position not standing or in any direction not directly in front of you...we encourage the development and practice of the full spectrum of real world defensive shooting skills.
Real World Response
How you train is how you'll practice...and how you practice is how you'll respond! As such, getting high quality, personalized instruction is the first step. Practicing those skills until you've built the necessary muscle memory and confidence must follow however. Our unique Tactical Training Center helps you with both!
When: Year Round
Time: 9AM - 4PM
Class Size: 12 Student Limit
Those of us working with and around firearms and/or edged weapons are at increased risk of encountering an individual with a life threatening injury. As such, we should all have a fundamental understanding of life saving actions which must be taken in the first minutes following an injury, prior to the arrival of emergency services.
This course focuses on the development of the skills, techniques, and attitudes needed to successfully perform life saving measures in an emergency.
During this course, students will:• Identify various types of traumatic injuries and the appropriate treatment of each.
• Demonstrate the use direct pressure, pressure points, hemostatic agents, and tourniquets to control bleeding.
• Determine if the airway is clear and demonstrate appropriate measures to clear an obstructed airway.
• Describe the necessity of preventing hypothermia and demonstrate passive warming techniques.
• Identify appropriate positioning of a patient to avoid shock and/or airway compromise.
• Describe the signs and symptoms of a sucking chest wound and appropriate steps to relieve it.
• Develop an awareness and appreciation of the dangers and responsibilities associated with the use of firearms and edged weapons.